NI (National Instrument) 43-101 is a rule that governs how issuers disclose scientific and technical information about mineral projects to the public. It includes oral, written documents, and websites.
NI 43-101 Technical Report can be any of the following:
- The first-time report on a mineral property (exploration or operating)
- A summary of the exploration activities with inherent Quality Control/Quality Assurance on a project
- A summary of mineral resource estimate for a property
- Report outlining ownership of a non-operating interest in the property (Royalty)
- A report containing results of a Preliminary Economic Assessment
- Report on summary of the result of a Pre-Feasibility Study, depending on the complexity of the project
- Summary of the results of a Feasibility Study on mineral property.
- Summary of work conducted on an operating project possibly containing updated resource and reserve estimates
- Any variation of the above